A perfect treat for yourself or a special someone. Yes I spent 30 minutes cutting those strawberries into the shape of hearts (I was on holidays from uni, and obviously had heaps going on in my life). But seriously these brownies are the perfect combination of mint and chocolate. With a fudgey inner centre surrounding by a chewy, slightly crispy border.
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 125g mint chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 335g (1 1/2 cups) white sugar
- 110g almond meal
- 30g (1/4 cup) Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 80g mint chocolate
- 15g coconut oil
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- Mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced. Grease a 20cm square cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Melt together butter and chocolate. Stir in egg, sugar, almond meal, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Allow to cool in pan.
- Melt together extra chocolate and coconut oil. Pour over cooled brownie, and smooth with a knife. Top with strawberries and fresh mint. Place in the fridge to set. Cut and serve!