These are the best cookies! Naturally gluten free with no flour in sight. I’ve been enjoying these before I was gluten free. With only FIVE ingredients, they’re perfect to whip up at the last minute as you’ll most likely already have the ingredients in the cupboard.
Peanut Butter: the type of peanut butter you use makes a big difference. I’ve made these with crunchy, smooth and different brands. The best by far was Bega Smooth (not sponsored!). I tried with Mayvers and they were so crumbly, and hard to push down without breaking everywhere. Don’t get me wrong, I love Mayvers it’s what I prefer on toast or on my porridge, but in these cookies you want Bega.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat peanut butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add beaten egg, baking soda and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Roll 1 tbsp of batter into balls, place on baking trays 2-3 cm apart and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Remove and allow to sit on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.