The perfect finger food to serve at your next party. I’ve made these multiple times with rave reviews from everyone.
You can also make them ahead of time and keep in them in the fridge until ready to serve. Just reheat them in the oven for 4-5 minutes beforehand.
The most important part is picking a good gluten free pastry. I use store brought pastry to save time. My favourite brand is Simply Wize from Woolworths. I also roll it out thinner, so there’s not too much pastry in each tart.
I hope you enjoy!
- 300g butternut pumpkin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 4-5 sheets of Simply Wize Gluten Free Puff Pastry, defrosted*
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup cream
- 3/4 cup caramelised onion
- 100g goats cheese
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Peel and chop butternut pumpkin into small cubes. Place on oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes until softened.
- Grease a small tart tray. On a lightly gluten free floured bench roll out the Simply Wize pastry sheets (I prefer it thinner) and cut into squares and place into tart trays. Reform any scraps into a ball and re-roll.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together in a medium sized pouring jug. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a few cubes of roasted pumpkin, 1/4 tsp of caramelised onion and a sprinkle of fetta into each tart. Fill with egg and cream mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until pastry is browned and egg is cooked.
- Serve warm! You can also cook them ahead of time and then reheat in the oven for 3-4 minutes before serving.
* Or equivalent brands you like. This is my favourite.